On the 23rd March 2020 Otium Body Piercing closed it's doors following UK Government guidelines on the COVID-19 Pandemic. This was a very tough decision to make in these uncertain times.
Since the studio closed, we have worked closely with local health authorities to get our premises ready for reopening. We have implemented additional hand sanitising dispensers both outside and inside the piercing room. Added touch screen consent forms, allowing them to be fully disinfected between each client, storage areas for client belongings which again can be disinfected between clients and also a large range of certified Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for both staff and clients.
Following Government announcements on Tuesday 23rd June 2020, Tattoo & Piercing studios across England have been told they are not allowed to reopen on the 4th of July. The Government have NOT given a potential reopening date at this current time. This page will be updated if dates change so please check back here often.
List of England based businesses that MUST remain closed after the 4th July 2020.
Bowling alleys and indoor skating rinks
Indoor play areas including soft-play
Nail bars and beauty salons
Massage, tattoo and piercing parlours
Indoor fitness and dance studios, and indoor gyms and sports venues/facilities
Swimming pools and water parks
Exhibition or Conference Centres - where they are to be used for exhibitions or conferences, other than for those who work for that venue.
Our fully refurbished Online Store remains open 24 hours a day with close to 400 different products to choose from. We are currently offering free UK shipping on all orders, along with tracked and signed for delivery options. At the moment we are shipping twice weekly, Tuesday and Fridays.
When we do reopen there will be some operational changes at Otium Body Piercing which we hope will be temporary.
1) Unless you are under 16 and bringing an accompanying parent with you, you MUST attend your appointment on your own. This is so we can best promote social distancing and limit the amount of people in the studio at any one time. We know this may be frustrating for some as getting a piercing is often a very sociable act and bringing friends with you is all part of the fun. We understand! Hopefully this will only be a temporary provision and won't last forever. We will amend this policy as soon as our local health authority states we can.
2) You will be provided with a FFP2 Certified face mask for your appointment with us. Our piercer will also be wearing the same grade of face mask during your appointment. For some piercings such as Nostril and Oral Piercings where client face masks are not practical during the procedure, our piercer will also be wearing a protective face shield. Again, we hope these measures will be temporary but we just wanted to let you know the precautions we are taking.
3) We have added a touch screen consent form in the studio which will replace paper versions. This is so we can quickly and easily disinfect the screen between each clients with a medical grade surface disinfectant called Chemgene HLD4H. There will also be storage areas for client belongings which will undergo the same disinfectant procedures.
4) We have added several new hand sanitiser stations in the studio, including outside the piercing room, next to the touch screen consent form tablet mentioned above, and the exit of the piercing room. Clients are more than welcome to wash their hands with an antibacterial soap if required.
5) Bookings - We have upped appointment time slots for each service to allow us to properly clean all additional equipment added to the studio. This is obviously standard practice for us, but with new items in the shop we do need a little more time to ensure client safety after the last client has left. We will also require payment when booking services online to cover the cost of your piercing and basic jewellery item. If, when you attend the studio you wish to purchase one of our many different decorative attachments, you will only need to pay for the alternative attachment you buy. We will continue to accept all major credit and debit cards, including Contactless, Apple and Android Pay. The new limit on contactless payments is £45.
We truly can't wait to get back to adorning you with some of the finest body jewellery the world has to offer here at Otium Body Piercing. And we would like to thank every single client both past, present and future for supporting us during these difficult times. The best is yet to come, thats for sure!
With love and sparkle,
Owner, Otium Body Piercing.